The Last Hero
CD $17.00 (incl. s&h)
Maxicron! Amazing Gracie! Fenderbender!
These and many other famous heroes stick in the collective craw
of the world's mad scientists, who, frustrated with their numerous
individual defeats, have united under the diabolical leadership
of Dr. Thaddeus Mallevo and Sir Wilfred P. Huffelbaggins III to
get rid of the heroes forever with the terrible robot army known
as The Sinister Sixty, led by the Kill-O-Tron! Now, only one hero
wannabe -- the idealistic everyman who calls himself The Waffle
-- stands between the people of Earth and total subjugation!
Pity he's just been zapped across the
Inspired by 24
Hour Comics Day and a whole bunch of suggestions on his LiveJournal,
Tom wrote this album in one day. (Okay, he fudged
a bit -- some of the shtick, and an extra verse here and there, were written
later.) With a plot, no less. Action, comedy, drama, romance, sound effects,
alien hotties, ludicrous exposition, angst-filled killer robots, pirate
ninjas with dinosaurs, dimensional gateways, croquet tournaments, and
a gorgeous cover by Diana
Harlan Stein -- this one's got it all!
To download the first four songs for free, click
- the complete libretto
- What If?
- Mad Scientists United
- The Sinister Cavortings of Sir Wilfred P. Huffelbaggins III
- Warning: Wimbledon!
- The Sinister Sixty Strike
- Enter The Waffle
- You Never Call Me By My Real Name
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams
- Tears of the Kill-O-Tron
- Pirate Ninjas From Dino Island
- The Terror of Sis Boom Ba
- The Romance of George and Al
- A Million Light Years From Home
- Divided Royalties
- Behold the Crossing Guard
- When Strikes the Clock
- Rules of Enragement
- Hey! Didn't You Die?
- The Rise and Fall of Sir Wilfred P. Huffelbaggins III
- With Great Power Comes Great Power Bills